How to Jailbreak and Unlock the iPhone 3g for non-AT&T sim users (T-Mobile, etc).
- Update iPhone 3g in iTunes 9.2 to the current 4.0.1 firmware.
- Download Redsnow 0.9.5 for Windows or Redsnow 0.9.5 for MAC. This is used to Jailbreak.
- Download iOS4 for iPhone 3g. Redsnow will need this file.
- Turn the phone off by holding the power button. Open RedSnow 0.9.5 and follow the instructions.
- When complete, turn the WiFi on in the iPhone.
- Open Cydia and let it update itself.
- Add the REPO 'cydia.hackulo.us'
- Find and run Ultrasnow in Cydia and you are done!